Brooke just got a new favorite friend. I have a very creative, very interesting friend from my college days who is always so great to talk to and find out what she has been doing with all of her many, many talents. Last update she casually mentioned that she had been doing costume work with a Disney film that just wrapped in Utah. Hmmmm I thought. I know of a Disney film that just wrapped in Utah and we have been talking about it's big screen debut in our house for months. So I said, "You do not happen to mean High School Musical do you". Why yes she said. Katie is so humble -never one to name drop. You have to pry her success out of her. So I casually added that if she happened to have a HSM(this is the abbreviation used by all of us High School Musical obsessed fans) scrap of paraphernalia anything lying around her house she needed to get rid of, that my 5 year old would include her on her list of most important people for years to come. Next thing I know there in the mail is a sweet little package addressed to Brooke with 2 T-shirts used in HSM3 and a photograph signed by the main cast. HELLO Katie did I mention a scrap of something and you sent this! It is all Brooke talks about and has triggered the desire to watch HSM 1 and 2 as many times as Mom will allow without going crazy. Katie you really out did yourself. Thank you so much. We officially love you in this house. The picture will be on the wall in her room for a long, long time.
They say it is who you know, and in this case it is who you know that ALSO happens to have a very generous heart.
5 comments:
that is soo cool!! what a great friend, you need to pry her success out of her more often :)!!
Wow what a lucky girl! And What a humble friend you have Laura! If that were my "job" I'd be singing at the grocery store telling everybody what I did..well not really but pretty close to that.:)
How cool! I'm sure she is the envy of all of her friends. BTW...I will have to go see the movie with you guys because I'm sure it's not at the top of Jason's list (in fact I'm positive it's not).:)
Wow you have creative and amazing people all around you Laura, you are that creative and amazing person in my life! What a special treat for Brooke, my girls would go crazy over something like that.
How fun! A girl I danced with in college was a make-up artist for HSM3.....I was shocked when I saw her on the big screen as the female Julliard judge.
I think we need to move to Utah..well..Darby thinks that she could get into the next HSM.
Post a Comment