Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Desert Rats


We decided a little hike was in order because we had been hearing rumors of beautiful desert wildflowers. Whit of course was not going for those reasons but Brooke and I were excited. We had a great time. Elias was our little trail dog running ahead and then back with hands full of sticks and rocks while Brooke had to be reminded repeatedly in all the loose gravel to keep her eyes on the trail. All she wanted to do was pick as many flowers as possible. Whit tried to inhibit this by acting out a very scared, sad flower about to die in the eager hands of a five year old. It was hilarious to watch Whit as a "Poppy" but it wasn't enough and Brooke still went home with a few wilted momentoes from a great day in the Sonoran dessert.


5 comments:

Church Fam said...

Looks so fun! We can't wait to be involved in the fun outdoor adventures. Tiff

Jason and Kate said...

what great photography! I'm impressed. What hike is it?

Scott Fam Dam said...

Oh I love AZ! Hey I hate to do this to you, but you've been tagged. I am sorry, I am just so interested in your answers, just go to my blog to find out what to do. Thanks!

Jeni Everett said...

Laura,
I had no idea you had a blog until I went to Melisa's and saw your name. Fun!! I am going to add you to ours. I hope you don't mind. I love to go hiking. It is so fun and relaxing. You should get more hiking in before it gets too yucky to go!

Heather S said...

Beautiful!